Saturday, November 7, 2015
9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Registration/Ticket Pick Up: 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
12:30 Animal Encounter
REGISTRATION REQUIRED BY OCTOBER 30
$15 per person includes admission and lunch
$7 Parking per Vehicle
Children Under 3 are Free
Limited to first 50 RSVP's; Four tickets maximum per family
LPBC Volunteering Leaders will be hosting a food drive the month of November,
and is requesting everyone donate a food item at registration.
Donations can also be made at the LPBC Office.
Food drive items will be donated to the Palm Beach County Food Bank, where Perry Borman (Class of 2013) is the Executive Director.
The Palm Beach County Food Bank rescues, collects and distributes food to more than 100 agencies that take on the daily responsibility of feeding the hungry from Tequesta to Boca Raton and west to Belle Glade and Pahokee. The needs are significant:
|• At least 190,000 adults in Palm Beach County qualify as poor by federal guidelines
• More than 180,000 Palm Beach County residents rely on food stamps for survival
• More than 57% of Palm Beach County students qualify for free or reduced lunch
• 1 of 6 residents are food insecure (meaning they do not know where their next meal will come from)
• 35 million pounds are needed annually to feed the hungry in Palm Beach County (USDA statistic)
Most Needed Items for Palm Beach County Food Bank Distribution
|• Pop-Top Food Items
• Hot or Cold Cereals
• Mac and Cheese
• Beans (pinto, black beans)
• Peanut Butter
• Jelly (only in plastic containers)
• Canned Meat
|No Glass Items should be collected because they are likely to break and spill.
Only Un-opened items still in their package should be donated. Dates on canned items are generally the “sell by” date…not the eat-by date. It should be as fresh as possible.