Lunch & Learns
Lunch & Learns are 90-minute programs that include lunch, an opportunity for networking, and a discussion by speakers who are experts in the session topic. Each session is $30 for Active LPBC Alumni and $35 for guests.
We hold four Lunch & Learns throughout the year. We bring in expert panelists who speak on timely topics that affect our community.
This series is a great way for alumni to continue their education after graduating or for those not involved in LPBC to see what our organization is all about.
We invite you to join us for the next Lunch & Learn!
Session 1 | Affordable Housing Bond Referendum
Thursday, October 20, 2022 | 11:30am - 1:00pm
The Center for Philanthropy | 700 S. Dixie Hwy, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Jesse Saginor, PhD, AICP, Chair & Professor, Department of Urban & Regional Planning, Florida Atlantic University - Moderator
- Kelly Smallridge, President & CEO, Business Development Board of Palm Beach County
- Lee J. Dury, Director of Policy Operations, Americans for Prosperity of Florida
Lunch by BDS Catering & Productions
Session 2 | Sports in Palm Beach County
DECEMBER 15, 2022 | 11:30am - 1:00pm
Florida Atlantic University Schmidt Family Complex for Academic and Athletic Excellence | 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33432
- Commissioner Maria Marino, Palm Beach County Commissioner and Member of the LPGA (Moderator)
- Pierre Garçon, Former NFL Wide Receiver & West Palm Beach Native
- George Linley, Executive Director of Palm Beach County Sports Commission
- Doug Mosley, Executive Director of RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl
Session 3 | Storytelling from diverse PERSPECTIVES
Special Coffee & Conversations Format
Wednesday, February 1, 2023 | 8:30am - 10:30Am
Extraordinary Charities | 2635 Old Okeechobee Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33409
- Takeata King Pang (LPBC '20), representing the Asian community
- Michael Riordan, representing the transgender community
- Dina Rubio, representing the Nicaraguan community
- Additional Storytellers to be added!
Session 4 | NeuroArts
April 18, 2023 | 11:30am - 1:00pm
Intracoastal Park Clubhouse | 2240 N Federal Hwy, Boynton Beach, FL 33435
- Patrick McNamara, President and CEO, Palm Health Foundation (Moderator)
- Nicole Baganz, Ph.D., Assistant Director and Director of Community Engagement and Programming, FAU Stiles-Nicholson Brain Institute
- Bama Lutes Deal, Ph.D., Musicologist, Writer, Speaker, and Arts Advocate
- Beth Elgort, Founder and CEO, Mind, Music and Movement Foundation for Neurological Disorders, Inc.
THANK YOU to our Lunch & Learn Series Sponsor: